As part of a significant global expansion, Galbraith's is establishing a presence on the ground in the US starting with Houston, Texas. If you are a tanker charter broker with experience of the US market we would love to hear from you, please contact us using the following link, no agencies please.
Data Coordinator - Research Department (London)
Galbraiths, one of the oldest shipbrokers in London, has a new opportunity for a full-time position for a Data Coordinator, working alongside Research Analysts and Shipbrokers.
- Working as part of the Research Team, including liaising with colleagues in maintaining key databases and presentation slide packs that support the work of the team
- Collection of data on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Assessing, cleaning and, where necessary, querying data at source of origin
- Improvement and development of current and future data sets and models
- Organising the database and continuously thriving to improve procedures
- Assisting other staff in data entry, data queries or data management related projects when required
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Have very high computer literacy including MS Office, particularly Excel but also Word, Powerpoint
- Have experience of handling large and dense data sets
- Working knowledge of Trigonal Shipbroking software, Thomson Reuters Eikon (Refinitiv) and/ or Bloomberg Terminal are preferred but not essential
- Ability to detect complex data patterns, irregularities and formula issues to resolve conflicting data
- Able to work both independently on certain projects as well as a team player Research Department
- Very strong attention to detail
- Very organised with very strong and reliable time management skills and a methodical approach to work
We offer an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of teamwork, and the opportunity to play an important role in our growth.
Applicants should email their CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org